Sunday 6 December 2015

Have you bought your Christmas tree yet?

After all we are now in December! I went to a nursery ( une pépinière)  this morning, naively thinking that I could still buy some Winter pansies ( des pensées d'hiver) for the garden, (I have been a bit late with my gardening this year!) only to find rows after rows of lovely Christmas trees ( des sapins de Noël). It reminded me of the poem that Robin, in my Tuesday morning French class, wrote last year. So here it is:

SAPIN
Scintillant mais simple et silencieux
Arbre acclamé et apaisant
Pur, parfait et prééminent
Idéal, innocent et incorruptible Naturel et noble, une nécessité à Noël


What a beautiful message of peace for Christmas. Un beau message de paix pour Noël.


What about putting a voucher for some French lessons or French workshops under your Christmas tree this year? For more info...

No comments:

Post a Comment