- Pastis (an aniseed transparent alcoholic drink which turns opaque when mixed with water) Sometimes it is referred to with the brand name: 51, Ricard, Pernod...
- Muscat (a sweet wine, the colour of amber)
- Panaché (shandy)
For children or if you fancy a non alcoholic beverage:
- Sirop de menthe (mint cordial, very refreshing, bright green)
- Sirop de grenadine (pomegranate cordial, bright red)
- Diabolo (this is made with cordial, usually one of the two above, but lemonade is used instead of water)
Next week we'll talk about the fancy nibbles you might have with them!
What is your preferred apéritif drink? Leave a comment to tell us!
To revise very important vocabulary such as this, join one of our regular French courses in Bristol and Bath! :)